Friday, January 08, 2010

Unfinished Posts…

 

“The unspoken idea has no chance of blessing anyone other than the one to whom had it.” – Your Truly 

I haven’t written as much this year as I have in years past. A combination of business, laziness, higher priorities, and un-cohesive and/or incomplete thoughts.

But I have a bunch of unfinished posts in my “drafts” file. So I thought I’d do an experiment with them that I haven’t done before.

I’ve  posted the titles to them below. If any of them pique your interest, cast a vote by replying to this email (or posting a comment on this blog if don’t get my email), and perhaps your interest will help me with some additional motivation.

“A question I am ashamed to answer”

“You can be this good.”

“Altogether superior.”

“The restoration of discipleship.”

“Two haunting questions.”

“A sacred weekend.”

“What I would do if I came to your church.” (a series)

“How to approach God.”

“Saving people from their sins.”

“Who stole my church?”

“Re-centering.”

“Small group intimacy.”

“On speaking engagements.”

“The sinner that Jesus condemned.”

“Freezing up and asking the world to wait.”

“When the blessing of the job becomes the curse of it.”

“Not all available parts of the spiritual life are easy to attain.”

“Clash of the (value system) Titans.”

“Gay.”

“Unity isn’t unity if there is no mission.”

“The precious worship service.”

“My love-hate relationship with structure.”

“Progressing from listening to talking to doing to being.”

“Brian’s next job description.”

Wow…there are so many. I didn’t even realize. Unfortunately, these unfinished thoughts are a sort of mirror to my life.

I’m completely open to the idea that none of these may interest anyone. I try to imagine that perhaps some of the ideas, thoughts, rants, and revelations that occasionally consume me may be of some use to others.  But, as the words that automatically go out at the end of every email suggests, I write these pieces in my effort to “keep it real” and think out loud…as one of the tools that I use to stay in my heart…and to do so relationally.

Let me know, friends. I love you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've missed your posts. Since I no longer worship where you lead, your blogs and your sermons are the only glimpse I have into your world. You have a lot of wisdom to share. I'd like to see you complete all of your drafts and put them out as you are able!

Anonymous said...

Brian - I can only speak for myself and my wife (contemporary to you in age - a little bit behind you at Harding) and a few around us, but many of us are finding we're being led down a similar path in our faith-life and relationship with Christ. You make us think...which is good! We are trying to break away from old mindsets...not necessarily old practices per se, but certainly the old mindsets. Something along those lines would be great.

mmlace said...

Wow. I read this back when you posted it, but didn't comment a the tme, because I wanted more time to think about it.

But a couple of weeks later, the botom line is that I can't decide!

I love everything you write, and, lke your first commenter, i'd love to see you eventually finish them all!

Thanks for sharing your life with us here.

mmlace said...

P.S. Sorry for all the typos in the previous comment. Having computer issues, so I didn't bother to proofread! Oops!