Thursday, June 07, 2007

Resist him.

"Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings." - St. Peter

"Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." - St. James
 
"If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!" - Solomon
 
"I have never seen anything like this." - tour guide in the video, and what the world should be saying when they see the church family in action on their behalf 
We live in a world at war.
 
The attacks seem to come from land and water, don't they? From the front and behind. Life, in the highest sense of the word, seems lost and elusive. Attacked and on the brink of death...and feeling so alone.
 
Where is Christ? Where is he? Where are his people? Where are they? As tentative and as scared as we are of losing our own life in the process, Christ moves in and us and through us as a body, a family, an army, a mob (if you like) --- FULL OF POWER. The power to act. The power to support. The power to resist. The power to fight. The power to save.
 
Check out this video (it lasts 8 minutes, but is worth it) as a visual parable right from nature of what life is often like (in the surprise attacks of our prowling enemy) and what God intends the church family to be for the "least of these" (which is each and every one of us at some point). 
 
"At my first defense, no one came to my support, but everyone deserted me. May it not be held against them. But the Lord stood at my side and gave me strength... And I was delivered from the lion's mouth. The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom. To him be glory for ever and ever. Amen." - St. Paul 

5 comments:

Flyawaynet said...

Absolutely amazing video, and lesson. I linked to you and the video. Thank you for finding this (how ever you found it!) and sharing.

Pate The Great's Papa said...

Brilliant. Simple. Unforgetable. Beautiful.

For me your application was spot on. Even when all is seemingly swallowed up by death... God's power manafested through His people can bring life :)

I thank God for His work in you.

Much Love,
J

Pate The Great's Papa said...

oops - manifested

Anonymous said...

I have a few questions posted on my blog that wonder if you will check out. I would appreciate your imput.

http://theblogofnancy.blogspot.com/

Keith Brenton said...

If the events in that video had been scripted and special-effected in Hollywood, no one would believe them.