Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A List of My Beliefs

I believe that love is the deepest, most profound and comprehensive, and only sustainable answer to anything and everything for any person whatsoever, in any and all realms of existence and relationship.
 
I believe that hope is an attainable, real, and practical state of existence for any and every human being in any and every moment of their lives, and that each one needs it to live the best possible life for them, and that it is theirs directly proportional to their willingness to have it.
 
I believe that faith is the counter-intuitive, but ultimately most reasonable way of living that all humans have the much assaulted capacity to use and it unlocks and gives them access to the life of their dreams, and that every person in every moment is in the position to choose to utilize it.
 
I believe that truth sets any and all people free in every sense that this statement can be read and understood.
 
I believe that freedom is the active motivation of every person that has ever and will ever exist, and that it can be had by anyone in any circumstance whatsoever, and that it explains every action of every person.
 
I believe that life is the ultimate goal of all that has been created and that it is so pervasive and unstoppable that even life's perceived opposite, death, brings it about.
 
I believe that belief is the necessary first step of each and every step that ever gets taken towards anything of worth, particularly all of the lofty and noble things listed above, and that the man of unbelief in any degree is truly the saddest sight in the world.
 
I believe that Jesus of Nazareth is the Master of the Universe on all of these things I believe, and he remains my most effective teacher in living them out here 2000 years after his lifetime, the longevity of which is testimony in itself of just how powerfully he integrated and embodied them in his short 33 years on this earth.
 
And I believe that if I am to have any worth whatsoever in any realm of my life at all with any person that will live inside or outside of my lifetime, it will only have come from how much I was able to contribute in helping them get into an actual and practical relationship with Jesus Christ, and it would be the honor and glory of my short and humble existence to have done so.
 
"The work of God is this: to believe in me." - Jesus

No comments: