Tuesday, December 11, 2007

What I want for Christmas...

I want to love people just enough... 
 
...just enough for them to know they are not alone.
...just enough for them to know that I am okay with them just the way they are.
...just enough for them to remember that they need not deserve love in order to have it.
...just enough for them to feel space in their lives to reflect, inspect, and introspect.
...just enough for them to believe that there is more, better, and deeper life and that it is available to them.
...just enough for them to find themselves in my life and my story unfolding.
...just enough for them to feel like their existence and life deserves a party.
 
I want to love people just enough to shake up their status quo in any way that will give them more life.
 
This is how I want to love. This is how God has loved me. This is how I want to love all of you.
 
Merry Christmas. I love you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to thank you for being a person that longs to love people the way that God does. This post was a reminder to me of the love of God as well as a reminder of who I want to be. I read your blog periodically, and I always like what you have to say.